Tuesday, December 26, 2006

私想空间

I work with the “JOB” already 2 month ++, this 2 month my life becomes very pressure n tension. I scare to receive he SMS, EMAIL, CALL, or ask a meeting. I don know why they pick me. But anyway I need to say thank to them also. Because of this 2 month the “JOB” let me know much myself... I know what I can what I can’t do... i have no confidence to work with he n he... in front them I become useless I don know much like he, and he ..They know a lot than me... but I will learn n learn to become like them.....one day... in the coming year should I continues work with them? I always ask myself this... I don know… really don know... I really feel tension n pressure works with him n him...

Some time I my devil mind will ask me quit this “JOB” n return to my dream design world.. now when I start a “JOB” I will worry so many thing .. worry he can’t accept my work ,feel no nice ..n bla bla bla…I almost work every night next morning will feel tried, but I feel happy because I love art n design & life is hard but I happy because I love my life now .art n design how u going to say what is rite what is wrong ..

Maybe I not suitable this offer .. I don’t know how long I can stand it .. 2 month ++ I already feel like this ..is my problem ? or what ..now I know why they tell me can’t work with …

4 comments:

Tiger said...

The reason why we chose you is not becoz you are good in design or what.

We chose you becoz you have the right attitude.......which is humble and the willingness to learn.

We push you becoz we know life is not always sunshine and roses. The only way to secure a better future for oneself is through hard work.

We push you becoz we don't want you to be complacent.

You are young now, you may live a carefree life now, but one day you will want to start a family, buy a house, have kids, etc. Even if you decide not to start any family, your parents will also grow old one day and depend on you. You yourself will also one day grow old.

Would you rather work hard now and enjoy later or enjoy now and suffer later?

Sooner or later we all have to wake up from our dreams and face reality.

It's good that you have the passion for design, but in the real world, design is worth nothing if you can't sell it, no matter how good you think your design is. Even great artists have to sell their art to make a living.

We cannot force you to join us full time, but we'll be very dissapointed if you don't! But if you do, I promise you it will be a very different experience than you're used to in the current company.

We cannot offer you a lot in term of salary and other benefits, you may also have to "rough it out" with us for few months. But what we can offer you is the chance to "prepare" yourself to not only have the skills to survive in the cut-throat real world but to be the best in what you do.

Money can come and go in a blink, but what you learn and the knowledge you acquire, nothing can take those away from you. Ultimately, you will carry it with you everywhere you go and you will not be afraid to face anything life throws at you. Knowledge is our greatest weapon.

Pressure is good, it keeps you on your toes, and it brings out all the hidden resources you never knew you had. But amidst all these pressure, we should never forget our health and the people we love.

Can you still remember what I told you that day in Birch House? I just quit Ivory that time and was just paying a vist when you came in with Dennis to help him set up the wall display panels. Hope you still remember!

Lastly, do not worry abt your design being not good enough for us. To me, design is not important when comes to advertising, it's the message that counts. But we still have to follow several basic design rules.

So pls don't give up yet. I promise you things are going to get more interesting and challenging (and more work more pressure :P).

yuchi said...

dun listen to ur devil mind..just do whatever u think is right for u, for now, & for future.

Anonymous said...

design rules the designer's mind.not the capitalist style system work..work base on what u love..not what u need..long live art till die

Unknown said...

what is good design? to your own standard? never mark ur own paper with your own thinking... let the market accept your creativity..recognition from market is important.. at least to know where your standard is. A design is still a design until market recognize it's value.. and till then it will become valuable masterpiece...junior designers are too arrogant, cant be commented..we have been through what you are now, we are giving you advice on how it gonna be in this commercialization...and not wasting your time.By the way, do u know what makes the designers and what makes the artists? Designers live luxurious life, artist sleep roadside! Hahaha. Just joking.